Casey Trees will be celebrating National Volunteer Week and the Global Youth Day of Service with a Tree Care Event at the Takoma Recreation Center. Pairing with members of the Adventure Club from Capital City Public Charter School, volunteers will be weeding, mulching and watering the over 60 trees planted at the Takoma Recreation Center through the Community Tree Planting Program!
The Metrobus stop for this location is NW 4th St & NW Butternut St (52,53,54,62,63). The Takoma Metro Station is a 0.6 mile walk to the site. Limited street parking available.
- All volunteers must sign a completed volunteer waiver form before participating. Children under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign a consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Waivers will be provided but to ease the registration process it is helpful to bring a completed copy to the event.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and care demonstration.
- Register in advance. Space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status so we are sure to have the necessary number of volunteers.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time and volunteers must be present for the tool safety demonstration at the start of the event.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. Closed toe shoes are required.