Want to volunteer in D.C.? Join our friends at The Nature Conservancy and Casey Trees for a tree care event! After work on August 21, we will meet in the Petworth neighborhood to help water newly planted trees, as well as clean up the area around them. This is a wonderful way to help nature right here in the city.
Registration will be located at the corner of 7th and Webster St NW. There is plenty of unrestricted street parking in the neighborhood. The Georgia Ave/Petworth Metro Station (Green/Yellow Line) is 0.6 miles away and the 60, 62, 63 and 64 Metrobus lines all stop nearby.
- All volunteers must sign a completed volunteer waiver form before participating. Children under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign a consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Waivers will be provided but to ease the registration process it is helpful to bring a completed copy to the event.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and care demonstration.
- Register in advance. Space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status so we are sure to have the necessary number of volunteers.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time and volunteers must be present for the tool safety demonstration at the start of the event.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. Closed toe shoes are required.