Join the Accokeek Foundation for Celebrating the Potomac, a family-friendly day of music, food, and activities highlighting the cultural and environmental importance of our nation’s river.
In honor of National Boating and Fishing Week, this year’s festival will feature:
- Virginia’s most popular rockabilly band, Jumpin’ Jupiter
- River-related “enviro-tainment” and ukulele lessons for kids and adults from musician Kathryn Para
- Upcycled eco-craft making station
- Fishing with a National Park Service Ranger
- “Trash-free Potomac” games from the Alice Ferguson Foundation
- Living history cooking and fishing demonstrations
- A colonial ship constructed of hay bales for land-loving kid-adventurers
- Raingutter Regatta mini-boat building and racing
- Casting accuracy contest for advanced and beginner fisher folks
- Native heritage fishing and boating demonstration presented by the Piscataway-Conoy
- Tours of the popular black-lit, magical soil exhibit, “Underspace“
Tickets are $5 per person general admission at the gate (AF members and children 2 & under are free).
Visit the official event page here: http://accokeekfoundation.org/event/celebrating-the-potomac/